Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We're Baaaacckkk!

How I've missed writing a post on the blog.  I am still alive but working many hours and just can not concentrate on too many things at once - sad, I know.  If it involves anything I really have to THINK about and be creative with, I must have silence! I'm laughing.

Actually, too many days away from my house does truly throw me all off.  I am a home body and like to shoot for at least three days a week at home.  This has not happened for some time.  It was so nice to have yesterday - yet, did you see a post on the blog? NO!

We used Labor Day to labor.  Though it was raining, it didn't matter.  Syd set up an Easy-up tarp outside the front door and backed his truck partially under it.  There he set up his table saw and put his chop saw on the tailgate, and away we went!

The construction treads were still on our stairs and everything was still open.  When Coco comes to visit I always feared losing her down through a hole and having to fish her trembling little body out from under the stairway.  Today Syd remedied the situation.


As you can see...such an improvement!

My project was in the kitchen.  We had bought used cupboards, so did not really mind what they looked like, just that they were actual wood.  I had always intended to paint them but, like so many things, had not gotten to it yet!  I had used this same linen paint on the couch Syd built and also the "center island" which is partly in this kitchen picture.  I cannot believe how much it has lightened up the whole space!  


and now....


So, as you can see, this post today was not at all my normal "reflective writing" - I guess I have to ease back into it gradually.

I am sorry for those of you who kept checking.  I heard from some of you.  I felt bad that I just had nothing to share, or not enough time to put it down on paper (or computer).  Lord willing, I will be setting aside quiet time in the next two weeks.  I hope you haven't given up on us on The Hill.  Autumn is starting to peep through; so many leaves are already changing.  It is my favorite time of the year.

I hope you have a wonderful day and we'll be talking soon!











2 comments:

  1. Glad that you posted!!!I LOVE your cupboards.They look sooooo nice.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back! I am one who has checked in nearly every day to see if you have posted, and am so glad to see you back at last.

    And yes, your cupboards (and stairs) do look very nice.

    ReplyDelete