Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Freezing Rain

Thankfully the temps. were in the 20s this morning so perhaps we're through the worst of that cold snap. It's now raining on the Hill. I worked for a couple hours at a small office up the road and on my way home I noticed the rain was freezing onto the windshield immediately.

When I opened the door this afternoon Sturm went outside and "did his thing" without a leash for the first time (actually, second time, Syd has let him out once on his own). Ruger took the reins and proceeded to "roll" Sturm a few times. They play very hard. It appears that Ruger's jaw is unhinged in this picture, and look at the whites of his EYES! How funny.

After we came in they wouldn't leave me alone and I finally opened the door again for them to go out. This time though it was REALLY raining and I wasn't standing out there in it, so we're in.

It's time to get some supper ready. Last night I made beef stew and raisin bran muffins, which we love. Both are such warming, comfort foods. I look forward to Syd being home and the darkness closing in around the house. Praise the Lord for a warm home and a loving husband. I praise Him that Mom and other family are safe in their homes, and so nearby. We have so much to be thankful for!

If you come up tonight, mind the snowy road. I came up in 2 wheel drive though, so you should have no trouble. Thanks for visiting. Next time I'll try not to be so busy and we can chat longer.

2 comments:

  1. That picture of Ruger is AMAZING!!!!I think I will not show Silas as we assure him that he IS a friendly dog.Somehow I think he may doubt my words.That is just so funny!!!Your raisin bran muffins sound delicious......now I want one(or some!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way...have I mentioned that I love the picture of you two with the tree between you!!!If you ever get copies of that made we would love one.

    ReplyDelete