Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Tri-colored Pallette

This morning's snow brought a white-on-gray pallette to mind. Praise the Lord for the beauty of winter and that He has washed my heart, whiter than the snow!


Softly; falling gently to touch down on the limb.
Quietly; not a sound; as I stand amongst the drifting
  flakes resting softly on my shoulders and hair.
Winterbirds; hear their calls sweetly sing
  to the symphony of snowdrops, falling,
  now drifting swiftly through chill air.

Each gray twig, now encased in white
Stand silhouetted 'gainst a canvas of gray
  sky; steely and looming as if holding back the tide.
Misty, winter-white fingers reach out, as a flight
  of bright blue jays streak through the trees
  to rest, to peck beneath the snow, to fruitlessly hide.

The blue of the jay calls out to my eye;
Snow is more brilliant now; branches alive
  with the indigo ornaments which bob and flit;
For a seed or a twig hidden below, they vie
  while snowdrops cover their tiny tracks
  once left in the white, mounted carpet.

More fervent now; winds furiously gust;
Hiding the distant gray backdrop
  of this masterpiece, so gloriously displayed;
The realization, a most wise choice, I trust;
  to step in where the shelter of window and wood
  brings warmth where once chill snowdrops laid.
 

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! It's still snowing here. I must admit I have not even stepped outside my door today. I love observing the beauty of the snow from indoors and am so thankful I didn't need to go anywhere today. Thanks for sharing this lovely poem of your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a gift with words. . .thank you for sharing these beautiful images.
    I have always loved the images of "whiter than snow". Snow only covers, and soon turns grainy and dark, but our forgiveness is forever.
    Still keeping you and your man in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely poetry on such a wintery day! There is something about VT that inspires poetry! Closer here to our creator and all of the wonders of nature I do believe!

    ReplyDelete