Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Righteous Not Forsaken

Psalm 37:25 "I have been young and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."

In our favorite devotional, The Feature, today's was entitled: Advancing In Age, with the above verse as text.

Poor Syd, on his birthday too! We got a chuckle out of it, especially since Psalm 37:25 is one of Syd's very favorite verses...not because of the first part, but because of the promise contained in the last half.
It was neat that this was the devotional for the day and we both got a kick out of it. I may just have to post it on the fridge alongside the one Syd hung up. It was in our newspaper on April 16th (on my 50th birthday). Here it is, the Dennis the Menace comic:

Yes, this one was ON my 50th birthday. We laughed a lot about it.

Syd and his birthday pies. We were blessed to have family and a few friends in last night for apple pie and ice cream.

Happy, happy birthday to my Sweetie!

We are blessed to have the promises of God, that He will never leave us or forsake us; that He brings joy amidst trials, and also during good times where there are no trials at all; that the sun will come up every day and that the Lord brings rain upon the just and the unjust; He will always remain faithful and do a work in each of us until the day of Jesus Christ; that He will take those to Heaven, who put their trust in the blood of His Son! We could go on and on, couldn't we? The list is endless. What a future we have, to praise Him for eternity!

I found a pile of photos in a box that we had in storage. Those were the days when we used a 35 mm and there seemed to be double prints of EVERY one of them. Here are a couple of them that I scanned into the computer.

A photo of when we were BOTH young, sometime in the early 90s
This is the children's tea corner I have always tried to have set up in each little apartment we've lived in - just in case of young drop-in-visitors. The tiny tea set is washed and ready too. My mom used to use the little table and chairs as a young girl, as did I. I'm not sure why I took this photo, but it was in the first apartment we lived in when we moved "back home".

My mom used to use the little table and chairs as a young girl, as did I, and all her grandchildren 
I'm glad you stopped up to visit Darling Hill today. We have not finished the second pie, so if you drop in, we'll share it with you...don't wait too long though. If the little ones come, they can have "teatime" too.  Take care.

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE when you post older pictures it is so fun to look back!!
    Happy Birthday, "Uncle Sunshine"!
    Just love how you had just the right devotional for the day :), so neat how the Lord works those things out! Your little corner is so cute ... I would love to sit there too.
    Missed you Sunday too. We had a nice time of fellowship with the P family. Amazing how much children change in a couple years :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post!!!!!! God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete