Tuesday, September 10, 2013

In Strain or in Sunshine

It has been so long since I've written and I haven't even been home to say "hi" to those of you who've walked up Darling Hill to stop in and chat! My mom has gone into the hospital and we've been spending days and nights staying with her there. What a blessing that God gives strength and stamina as we wait upon Him.

Today I was reading in Matthew 5 where it says, 
"Ye are the salt of the earth, but if the salt have lost its savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under the foot of men. Ye are the light of the world, A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid...Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."       vs. 13-16
Though these verses were spoken by Jesus to His disciples and we Christians are to take them as examples for us also, it's such a blessing to look at the fact that God is actual SALT and LIGHT, we who know Him as Savior are the salt and light that men here on earth look at and watch. They see our good works (or bad ones). Am I bringing glory to Him in my walk? In the strain of life, can I be relied upon because I am relying upon God's grace moment by moment?

I read a quote: "Worship aright in your private relationships, then when God sets you free you will be ready, because in the unseen life which no one saw but God you have become perfectly fit, and when the strain comes you can be relied upon by God."

I am happy that we can walk with our Lord whether in the strain or in the sunshine! I hope to be able to write more soon, but for now it's off to work then the hospital. We would thank those of you who are "pray-ers" and will pray for Mom at this time.

1 comment: