Wednesday, January 1, 2014

O Lord, Correct Me

Greetings to you on this New Year's Day! I hope you all have a very Happy 2014. I don't know if you are one who likes to make New Years resolutions. I 've never been one to seriously make them, not because I feel there is anything wrong with them, but mostly because by the third week or so I forget what the 'resolution' was!

If there is one resolution I'd make in 2014, it would be based upon Jeremiah 10:23,24 and will need to be my heart's prayer every single day:
"O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgement; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing."

My hubby and I started New Year's day with a sermon by this title. What a blessing that God's Word is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness. Our first pastor used to remind us that God's Word will teach us, knock us down, stand us up and cause us to walk in the right direction!

It's COLD here, unlike yesterday, it's above zero! The sky is blue and the bright sun is starting to light the mountains out across the valley. I hope you have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment