Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tune Out The Noise

Wow! it is extremely cold these days and it makes us all thankful for warm home and also reminds me to pray for others who have no house; that they will have an open door to enter into and stay warm!

Today's kitchen message was by Matt Costella from the Fundamental Evangelistic Association. What a blessing this sermon was from II Thessalonians. It was entitled, Tune Out The Noise, and he reminded me that "though ye know" these things, we continually need to be reminded of them!

I'm glad for messages to point me to tuning out the noise and tuning into God's peace. Yesterday I was hungry to hear the voice of a woman. Women have a way of ministering to other women like no one else can. As a young believer we were encouraged by our Pastor's wife to take turns in our ladies' meetings sharing aloud from God's Word with other ladies. It is an extreme terror and blessing at the same time. As most of you, I'd rather be on the receiving end! I do encourage though, never give up an invitation and opportunity to stand in front of other women and give out what God has laid upon your heart. He is faithful to teach us how to do it and it certainly forces us to trust in the Lord alone. If done in obedience, God is faithful to make each time more and more of a blessing.

Getting back to yesterday...I ended up listening to a devotional from Elisabeth Elliot. I am not promoting her, as I know nothing about her except what I "gathered" yesterday and am not going to get into here. God used the devotionals (I heard two) immensely in my heart. One was "I Keep a Quiet Heart" and it prepared me for Matt Costella's message today. You notice, as I do, that God has a perfect way of orchestrating our days, causing one to flow into another, bringing us to a readiness to come together at our local church with other brothers and sisters where we can minister together in love. The only snare is when my heart is not in tune with the orchestra! As Mr Costella said today (and so did Elisabeth yesterday), like all children, we constantly need reminders!

I hope that you are staying in near the fire today. God has me venturing out at midday to sell stamps for the afternoon. Tomorrow morning I get to be in a tiny office in a neighboring town, one that I have never worked in before. I hope to remember my camera, as it is so quaint and there's a resident-cat, Zipcode, that I want to get a picture of. More on that in the near future!

"We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth." II Thess. 1:3

Take care and thanks so much for stopping by to read.


1 comment:

  1. Yepper... it's cold. Joanna had trouble starting her car this morning (guessing a new battery would be the cure). Thankfully we were all up and about and I hadn't yet left for work, so we got her goin'. Sometimes being quiet before God is a challenge, but sure do enjoy the moments I can be. Thank you for your encourging words. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete