Monday, October 13, 2014

Reminders

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him..." II Chronicles 16:9

We have experienced a wonderful weekend and Lord's Day! I hope you have too. I praise the Lord for a pastor who teaches from the Word of God!

This morning is cold and Fallish, plenty of frost on the pumpkin! Today's post is quick and written with joy, while I rejoice in reading from Psalm 139 and listening to a Bible sermon on having a perfect heart - which I pray to have, don't you?

Many months ago Syd and I joined with a friend, Mike, to pray for true revival in our hearts and in the Church, universal. Of course this will bring revival among our local churches too. "Lord, let it begin in me!" I know that in my own heart I had been seeing a repeated critical spirit, grumbling inwardly (while "blessing" outwardly! what a hypocrite). Am I spiritual because I read the Bible and have a lot of head knowledge? No.

I am glad that the Lord doesn't give up on us! It is not how good we look on the outside, but what direction our heart is headed. He just keeps bringing reminders, reminders, reminders through His Word.

One huge help has been in teaching Sunday School. We have been reading verses on "walking, step by step". What a challenge these lessons have been in my own heart as I teach the children!

It's time to go OUT into this day. I pray that you have a blessed day. Thanks so much for stopping by.
I leave you with great pictures of the many hats of Mom! One day I may do a post on that. She wears many hats!
P.S. I didn't ask her to put any of these hats on, she just keeps wearing a different one down now and then. Such a sweet lady!






"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. "  John 4:23

3 comments:

  1. I think I recognize a few of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute. All the pictures of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Thanks for sharing pictures of your Mom, please give her a hug for me. We're praying about visiting our grandchildren for their Christmas break & while we're up that way, we hope to take a day to visit, Lord willing. Please tell your hubby & church family we send greetings & pray for you all almost daily. Love you! Susan & Paul :) & B)

    ReplyDelete