Wednesday, February 4, 2015

An Old Friend

It was time to get reacquainted with an old friend today - well, we'd never really been too close, this friend and I...

My sweet hubby listens very carefully. Several years ago he heard me say, "I'd love to be able to play the flute." For my birthday (or Christmas, or "wife's day", or some made-up holiday-with him, any excuse will do for giving presents) he had opened up a rental account at a nearby music store. I do LOVE this instrument and practiced quite faithfully for a while. The flute and I have not been acquainted for many months now though.

On the Lord's Day, one of our dear children at church (Grace, you know who you are) brought along a flute that her parents had gotten for her! She wanted me to show her a few things to get her started...hmm, I'd forgotten a lot! I did know how to put it together and blow into it! Anyway, I told her that I'd bring mine along this week. You see why I needed to get re-acquainted. I love young people for so many things. This is one of them!

See? I found a website "Flute for Dummies". It has a wonderful fingering chart, which it allowed me to print! I have my book which I'd been practicing from, but thought this would be helpful for both of us.


Well, enough blogging about it - time to start fluting. Will let you know how things are going. If Grace and I ever do a duet, I will try to record it, how's that?!

2 comments:

  1. Gracie is so excited about learning with you! We picked up a DVD and she has been faithfully practicing each day. You are such a blessing :). Can't wait to hear the duet :). I think I will ho see if I can find that chart and print it for her. Looks like we won't be seeing you tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a flute...guess we will have to look up that chart. I had no idea you were learning the flute. Or Grace either.

    ReplyDelete