Thursday, February 27, 2014

Changes

Yes, I changed the background again. You may know me by now, I welcome change once in a while.

I'm so thankful that God never changes, but He certainly wants it in my life.

The other morning I prayed, "Lord, help me to..." do this or that (I pray these words often)-we certainly need to be lead of God, yes. This particular time He seemed to remind me, "Get up and DO it!" God has given me all the tools to DO what He's been teaching me to do. I think I "wait for the Spirit to move me" and sometimes even think I blame Him for some of my failures. It sounds strange and horrible, but sometimes I am a horrible creature!  I read the other day, "There is a time to get up off your knees and DO."

He expects constant change in my life, conforming me to His likeness.


“But we all with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” 
II Corinthians 3:18


(I must say, I can't figure out how to change the following text-size, I've been playing with it but something's gone flukey...)

Praise the Lord that it is He who does the changing. We all know how things come out (or don't) when we try to take control of things. All of you who know the Lord Jesus, just keep walking along God's pathway and thanks for stopping up on Darling Hill today.

If I can do it today, you may see a link to a favored devotional used by Syd and I, and given out at our church. It is called Feature and is published by Fundamental Evangelistic Association. It is a good tool and I'm hoping to refer to it from time to time, so you will see yet another "change" to the right side of the blog.

1 comment:

  1. We started getting that specific devotional through Baker River Bible Church about a year ago. It has been a blessing. Also have been listening to Pastor Parson's tapes on Revelation. Mr. D is recording them over on old video tapes since we can no longer find the 120 cassette tapes. We have gobs of old video tapes. He plays them as he records them and I've been working on a cross stitch project. It makes for a lovely warm/contented evening. Summer with all its business is closing in, so I'm enjoying the moments I have. I like your "new look" :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete