Friday, May 23, 2014

My Morning With A Hummingbird

I sit here next to a little hummingbird who has, evidently, claimed the feeder as his own. He's sitting right outside my window. I'm sorry that these photos are not clearer, but he keeps moving! Also, they were taken through my back window.


In this one his wings are already spread, ready to take off.

Here he sits, then goes and takes a drink, and back to this planter-hanger to watch the feeder. As soon as another hummingbird flies onto the porch and tries to get a drink, ZOOM, off he goes to chase it away. After which, he comes to rest at his perch. It's so fun to watch.  I guess it will cut down on having to make up so much nectar, with only one hummer!


The new hummingbird feeder was a birthday gift from my friend, Robin. I think it's really pretty.
I hope your day is full of surprises! Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I like your feeder. Soooo cute! :) We found one of our hummingbird's nests once and it was so tiny. They are such a cute little bird and quick too.

    ReplyDelete