Friday, September 12, 2014

Love and Thankfulness

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus...made himself of no reputation, took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men...he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." Philippians 2:5-8

The sermon I just listened to leaves me almost breathless as the speaker, the pastor from Victory Baptist in Simpsonville, SC attempted to explain in a human, limited degree, what it must have meant for Jesus to do this. He gave illustration after illustration of missionaries who left everything to serve the Lord, unto death. I cannot express exactly how it convicted me of what I have not left for Him. This speaker is correct, as is our Pastor, when they say that we, Christians in America, have no concept of what it means to leave all and follow Him. I pray that the Holy Spirit keeps bringing this up to me and that I will learn the lessons, dwell upon Christ Jesus' mind and, in love and thankfulness, go out and serve Him more fervently. Please, revive my heart, O Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment