Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Harvest Moon

"And God said, let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years;" Genesis 1:14

The internet said that the sun would set at 7:16 p.m. last night, so I called Mom to see if she saw a hint of Harvest Moon rising on her side of the hill, nothing yet. Hurrying through my supper, and watching the horizon through our west facing trees, I grabbed the camera at 7:08 and hopped in the car. Guess who I met half way up Darling Hill? yes, Mom. She was walking down to meet me, thinking I'd be on foot. With not a minute to spare we rode up, just in time to catch the moon escaping from behind this cloud!










...and these, from a slightly different angle, as I was getting into the car. Of course, on camera I just couldn't share with you the night-sounds; that of the nearby owl and dogs howling from the house below. It was a BEAUTIFUL moonrise. 2014 Harvest Moon.



No comments:

Post a Comment