Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Making Orange Juice Without an Orange?


Future Sunday School lessons (here, very abbreviated)

Lessons From the Epistles~

I value the things that were repeatedly and patiently taught me while I was a baby Christian. These early lessons were just the beginning of a lifetime of lessons. Our church is filled with children. These young people are on their way to Christlikeness! During this past year our lessons have been on walking, step by step. Today's thoughts were scribbled down while reading Ephesians 5. Simply, lessons from the Epistles. Sadly, even a Christian can try to walk the walk without relying on the Holy Spirit.

"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit." 5:18

...speaking to yourselves, singing with grace in your hearts, giving thanks always, submitting one to another...
all impossible in our own strength.


"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16

An interesting observation, I thought:
Don't keep trying to make a byproduct without the Source!
This will lead to a Christian life of frustration, disappointment and defeat.

You can't make orange juice without an ORANGE!



Out my window today:

While I was making lunch I kept hearing Mom talking outside. When I went to the window both times, these are the things I saw. Sturm seemed to be listening intently; Ruger too, as Grammy pointed something out to him.





No comments:

Post a Comment