Monday, January 19, 2015

Settle Down

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. To Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.” 
I Peter 5:10, 11

I do not know how much snow you got with this storm; if you live in a place that got no snow, I am sorry. The storm started as rain and ice, but the heavy snow that fell in the night is certainly settled onto every branch and twig. The quietness out there is amazing. 

I pray that the Lord will stablish, strengthen and settle me. Our Lord's day messages were a blessing. Our pastor is teaching from I Corinthians and the reminders of oneness among the body, the church, was so well explained. I pray, as do you I am sure, that our church family works together as one body; encouraging, guarding, building up and binding up wherever needed. Next week begins the chapter on charity, the "more excellent way". 

“And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you. That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that  ye may have lack of nothing.”
I Thess. 4:11,12

I spend much of our little dog's waking hours reminding him to "settle down". I call Sturm "the Barney Fife of the dog world."  One can learn a lot even from their pets. I know that some days I spin my wheels, really getting little accomplished. It is surely not the moderate, settled, quiet and peaceful day that the Lord would have me experience. Even on my busiest days, they can be experienced with a peaceful heart-attitude. 

Day by day, God answered prayer in this regard during the past two weeks. I praise the Lord for a husband who loves his mother in law as his own Mom. He cares for her as lovingly and carefully as I do (much better than I do at times). I only hope that one day I will have the opportunity to help care for his mother in the same way; as I had my own mother for an example when she took my Grammy into their home and cared for her (my Dad's mom).  Thank you for any who prayed for Mom's needs over the past weeks. She is doing so much better!





1 comment:

  1. Not too much snow here, but it sure looks heavy! The Lord has truly blessed me with a settled morning :) as I have gone about baking, cleaning extra I have been just praising Him for his goodness to me! So thankful to hear your Mom is doing better!!! Another thing to give praise for :). Have a blessed day!!! I guess I should probably go wake the kids up :).

    ReplyDelete