Monday, February 17, 2014

A Poem for Today


Girded with Strength of a Gentle God

In the midst of this darkness, a gleaming light; 
the candlelight of God.
In this glow I can "hear" the voice of my God,
my Rock and Buckler.
His words are gentle words; gentle yet strong.
Is there a troop that has arisen before me?
  “run through” with the Shield.
Leap over that wall with feet like the hind’s!
Around the next corner I may meet with a narrow ledge.
I put my back against the sheer wall along this, the perfect way. 
My God will enlarge my steps, that I will not slip;
and yet, His right hand is there to hold me up.

My enemies wounded and consumed...
Greatness gained!
  God’s gentleness, my only claim!

~from Psalm 18:28-50
“The Lord liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.” 18:46

God speaks to me through His written Word. I am thankful beyond words that He has preserved it and that we can hold it in our hands! Beyond words, as I just have difficulty describing how much it truly means to me.

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. V, I am blogging again. Thank you for sharing your poem. God bless you. LorettaS, Hebrews 10:24

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Christian Sister, I am headed to your blog right now. Have prayed for you!

      Delete