Monday, June 25, 2012

A Quick Note from the Other Side of the Hill

It is a beautiful rainy day here. The gardens are being very well watered. Ruger came up to work with me while Sturm stayed home. It is now after 10:00 a.m. and the only living creatures in the building (to my knowledge) are Ruger, myself and a tiny field mouse in the bathroom sink. I'm not great with mice, though not really afraid of them. He will have to stay there until the owner comes. I may be forced to leave him some bread crumbs before I go.

This will not be a long post, though I have gotten alot done and there is precious little to do here today.  My duties include bill paying and payroll, inventory, record-keeping. These I have finished, so I just broke down many cardboard boxes and put them out in the storage area. Then I took the trash out.  Poor little mousie keeps reminding me that he's stuck in the slippery bathroom sink - as if I didn't know. I do need to go in there soon and will talk to him a bit while I'm there - and refrain from washing my hands on him, but use the kitchen sink instead.

The peonies are bending badly in the rain. I cut several more and brought them into the office first thing this morning. These are the glorious pink variety. I hate to see them go by and will take a bouquet home with me today.

I took the time to write to say that I am thanking you all for your wonderful guesses on which siding we plan on using on the cabin. None of them have been right yet, but they're fun to read! Good suggestions, all of them. I still can't get over the "bark siding" suggestion. Truly, I would LOVE it, but sounds like too much work.

A little hint: what we plan to use will not be very expensive and alot will be covered with little work. Hmmmm!

I hope that you have a wonderful day, whether rain or sunshine. Was blessed this morning in reading from I Timothy. Those of you who have never trusted the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, I pray that you will open the Bible and see God's simple plan of salvation from Romans 3:23, 6:23 and 10:9,10. You who are believers in God's Word already, may the Lord richly bless you as you walk each day with Him.

The sun is breaking through a bit here. Thank you so much for stopping by! Sorry that I have no pictures to post for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment