Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gazing Ball

Often in my travels, I have passed a garden that holds a gazing ball. Their colors vary; red, gold and bright green. I must be honest and tell you that they aren't esthetically appealing to me, but the first time I truly took the time to stoop down and gaze into one, I understood how it got its name. The scope of what a person can see in one of those spheres is magnificent! It mirrors the garden, which seems to begin 1/4 mile away, from one direction to its other far end. Of course you must try to imagine the picture without the huge nose and eyes that appear in the center of vision.

The words "glory" and "magnify", "behold", "grace" all come to my mind when I think of a garden that is mirrored in this way. Verses have been coming to me through messages I have heard lately, and during my daily reading in the Bible, that keep taking me back to the gazing ball. John 1:14"...we beheld His glory, as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." James 1:25 says, "whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth there in...shall be blessed in his deed." The word "looketh" there means "to stoop down and to peer intently into". "We all, with open face, beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (IICor. 3:18); and finally, the most important focus of my gaze, my LIVING Savior, "Looking unto Jesus, the Author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Heb. 12:2)

The Lord Jesus Christ and the Word of God are the Christian's gazing ball. Our God knows everything from beginning to end. Jesus Christ is the Alpha (beginning) and the Omega (ending) of our redemption. I want to continue to make the Lord the focus of my gaze.

Next time you pass a garden that contains a gazing ball, stoop down and intently peer into it, and perhaps it will remind you of the importance of looking unto the savior, who is full of grace and glory and did the mighty work of Redemption for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment