Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Heartstrings

"Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden,and I will give you rest; take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

I read a quote that said, "The questions that matter in life are remarkably few, and they are all answered by the words - "Come unto me." not-'do this, or do that'."

What are my desires? to grow in faith and be more like the Lord; be used of God; to lead others to the saving knowledge of Jesus; to have a song in my heart and on my lips -  If I come to Jesus my life will be brought into line with my true desires. Jesus Christ is the Cornerstone. He is the turning point. Will I come in childlike faith? -I have, for salvation. Now will I "come" daily?  At the most unexpected moments there is the whisper, "come unto me". I can have this "rest" that He promises: rest of spirit, not a promise of a life of ease.

"Make all my heartstrings in tune with thine own", as the song says. Are my heartstrings in tune? When He plucks a string or when circumstances arise that stirs my instrument within, does the song ring true and agree with the song of the Lord?

Dear Lord, I praise you that when we daily come, yoke up with and learn of you, you will fulfill your promise of bringing rest of soul! Let me do this simple, childlike thing and take hold of your hand and never let it go! 
The image of  leaves on this sandstone are the shadow of what is unseen. 

Post Script: Last night we learned about a truly "horrible" situation that has come up in my husband's family. I will not at all go into detail but will say that it could affect the actual physical lives of a couple of his family members. It is certainly affecting their spiritual lives already. We are scared for this person and would ask any of you who are 'pra-yers' to add this girl's family to your prayer list. The Lord knows all about it but it is a scary situation that only He can handle, as the authorities in that area are not doing their job (it is sad to say).  As I read the post over again, Syd's and my heartstrings need to be in tune with God while we come to Him and earnestly pray, trusting that the Lord is going to work this out for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment