Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Got You a Card

Sometimes a subject for a post comes quickly.  This one was one of those.  I have a husband who knows me so well and I thank the Lord for him always.  Two years ago, when I couldn't find my favorite (cheap) White Rain hairspray at any store, Syd found it at a dollar store somewhere -- and bought 12 bottles; I suppose, so that I'd never run out again.  Last year we could not talk Walmart into keeping my pantyhose on the rack - always sold out, none of their stores ever had them.  Syd finally found some.  Now I have 18 pair!
Today is our 31st anniversary and the happenings of last night prompted the following lighthearted thought.

I Got You A Card
     -no flowers, no candy bars---
      no special facial cleanser.

Here you come; your smiling face behind fifteen Gerbera Daisys, my favorite!
- in all the shades of Fall.
     and three Lindt candy bars!

The card I got you is of fine parchment;
-see the cute couple on the front?
     They remind me of us 31 years ago.

Thanks for calling Willow to find out which cleanser to buy.
-It helps my face to shine
     while I smile up at you and say,
     "I got you a card!"

Well, we can have candy.
     Which kind do you want? --okay
     ---some of each!

Like my little card says---
     ---the one I got you--
     "we were made for each other."


There are several verses in God's Word that speak to husbands and wives; they speak of giving honor and reverence, and preferring the other over themselves.  Syd displays these consistently in so many large and small ways...not speaking against me at work, not making jokes about marriage, not saying bad things about his mother in law -those are just a few.  I have been blessed to have a husband like this for 31 years now. Today begins our 32nd!

"Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honor unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered."
I Peter 3:7.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you on such a long and happy marriage -- though I know the praise and glory belong to God. Such a blessing to see how He has given you these wonderful years together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Syd and Cyndy,
    Happy, Happy, Anniversary!
    Isn't it about time we go over to
    Fryburg (spelling??) to the fair!
    Have a wonderful day. You guys
    make me proud! ~ME~

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your anniversary bring many many blessings ! Wow! 31 years! Seems like yesterday ... or maybe last week haha, that we were dumping that big bag of colored leaves on the floor for you to stand in as you took your vows. Those flowers are gorgeous! Guess that Syd is a keeper ! Love to you both, D&D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to both of you!!!Your flowers are so pretty!!!We pray you have many more blessed years together.Josh,Nikki,Salinn,Obadiah,
    Hosea,Amos,Emma,Lydia,Silas,Faith and Mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! May the Lord continue to bless your marriage.

    ReplyDelete