Saturday, October 8, 2011

Picture Perfect

What a beautiful day!
The guys (Syd and our friend Dennis) got lots done today around the house.  Still plenty to do before Winter sets in.  Days like this put Winter very far from our minds.  It's when there's that nip in the air ~ that's what reminds us that it's just around the corner.  No "nip" today though.

We are so thankful for friends like Dottie and Dennis who come to encourage and lend a BIG hand to help.  They've helped up at Mom and Dad's place SO much also...big THANKS to them.  We praise the Lord for their friendship.

While the guys worked, Dottie, Mom, Ruger and I dubbed off.  Of course, we fed the men some lunch first.  We took pictures, sat on the porch, sipped coffee, went walking, took more pictures, picked up apples, more pictures.  It was a picture-perfect day.  Here's a shot of the three of us up at Mom's.  We set the camera, rather tipsily, on a chair and used the self-timer.  Had a lot of fun at our photo shoot. I played the part of bossy-photographer, though it was Dottie's camera.


The apples are abundant this year.  Dottie stuffed her camera bag to take home for applesauce.  We tried several varieties as we took our walk through the woods.  I didn't have my camera, so won't share all of her pictures (just couldn't resist using this one).  She got some beauties and we loaded them onto my computer to check them out.  I'll let her post them on her blog.  You do check out Dottie's blog, don't you? It's at allthingshomespun.blogspot.com  She does such beautiful writing.

I must just sit and write one of these days soon.  Perhaps this afternoon my brand  new back porch would be a good place to start.  I believe I hear the rocking chair calling.
Enjoy your weekend, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment