Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Personal Moment

I have not posted in so long! I miss it, but things get so busy. The little (and huge) blessings come along and I miss recording them. Today's was just too sweet not to post about.

You know, when you're praying to the Lord and Satan tries to get his little "digs" in, trying to disrupt and cause you to sin? This morning I was thinking of a conversation I had with someone yesterday. As I prayed about it, I said, "Thank you, Lord, for this little cabin that you've given us. It's nothing grand, in fact there are SO many little things that are inconveniences...." THAT'S when Satan stepped in and tried to make me discontent. The verses that came to mind were I Timothy 6:6 and 8..."But godliness with contentment is great gain"..."And having food and raiment, let us be therewith content." I quoted them to the Lord as I prayed.

If any of you read the little devotional, Feature, today, you'll know the section of Scripture that was on today's agenda...I Timothy 6:6-11! As I opened my Bible, there it was! The Lord is so good to us always. It's these personal times that amaze us, isn't it? I love Him.

Thank you for stopping by the hill today. I would not have blamed you if you'd given up on visiting Darling Hill. We have not had much time, and not a lot of happenings to blog about, but the Lord is always the best topic of conversation - and He is always someone we can exalt and promote on the Hill. Take care, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Always happy to see that you have updated. We know that you are busy with so much going on these days. Sometimes I too forget to be thankful for our old house. I only see its problems but then I remember none of it really even matters. I need to be thankful for what we have that DOES work. :) God is soooo good to us.

    ReplyDelete