Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Place to Bark in Peace

Visitors are coming! We look forward to visitors on the Hill. Family just called and are on their way, early, for an end of week/weekend stay. They say that they need a place where the dogs can bark in peace, without anyone on the street calling the police. I know the feeling. Our neighbors would never call the law, but I don't feel comfortable letting Ruger bark for very long, down here where I have another house nearby. Once he's up on the Hill he can let loose, and he does from time to time.

As Syd was leaving for work this morning I did a walk-thru on the garden. I noticed that the weeds are growing very nicely and the tomatoes, squash & beans are trying their best to keep up. We should be eating a squash within the next few days. Those tall, stalky, unknown-plants are tasseling and have tiny pink blossoms at the top. The flocks are getting ready to flower. My hydrangea bush is lush with leaves. This is its second full year. No sign of buds yet, it's late! That's the news from my garden.

I wish I had more to say but I'm not feeling overly creative this morning, possibly later. I'm off to check a few of your blogs and perhaps will get some inspiration there. I so enjoy reading them, as each of the different writers have a wonderful way of expressing themselves.

I hope that you have a productive day and that some little surprises pop up along your way!

I leave you with a poem about "you-know-who":

Enter black pistol, covered in hair.
A shadow, a leader;
a whisper.

Boom! as he bounds
and leaps through the air;
dust falls, and fur,
softly.

"No nose, no licking, no jumping,"
he hears
as he retreats
to his ball.

Then up the stairs
as darkness descends;
Black shadow, retiring
till dawn.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Trying again today to post a comment. Sweet poem about Rughe! Have fun with company on the Hill and say HI for us.

    ReplyDelete