Monday, July 18, 2011

Back to Work

Well, it is another Monday and it's back to work; not that I didn't work Saturday morning, but I've been doing that for so many years I sometimes forget to view it as a work day. It is just a normal Saturday at this point. It was wonderful to have Friday off. Mom, Anna and I went shopping at thrift stores. None of us bought much, but lunch out was nice, then ice cream in the late afternoon was good too.

We did have a wonderful Lord's Day also. There were visitors at church. Two families of old friends made their annual visit and there was another couple there, one of whom lives just down the road. I've known her from working at post offices for years, now she's living in town. It was nice to see her and to meet her friend.

My mind is a bit foggy this morning and it makes me want to say, "Well, it's just another day." Today is the only day we can be sure of. There will never be another day like it. I have to remember to make it count for God. Only the Lord knows what today holds for me. I go back to the devotional I read by Vance Havner two weeks ago. "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, AND TODAY, and forever." (Heb. 13:8) "We may not see him in the flesh as they saw Him yesterday, and we see not yet all things put under Him as one day we shall, but He said He would be with us 'all the days', an that includes today." -Havner.

Perhaps after I return from my morning job, then late a.m. job, my mind will be more ready to write something in my own words, but for now I leave you with the above.

As you can see, Ruger's ready to play. This is the picture I get when I finish fixing Syd's lunch, or when I put down my Bible. How can one resist that face!

No comments:

Post a Comment