Friday, November 30, 2012

Glorifying in the Simple Things


"Whether, therefore, ye eat or drink, or whatsoever you do; do all to the glory of God." I Cor. 10:31

I was reminded today that the "shallow" amenities of life, eating and drinking, walking and talking, are all ordained by God. I am most thankful for those who have simply lived the Christian life before me through the years. "Think deep,  speak and live simple", could be a good quote for today.

The above picture was on my computer screen when I sat down after reading from God's Word. I had not planned on writing this on my  post, but what a perfect description of walking simply through the day. Not only were the children stepping out of the 'ordinary' of snow-sledding, they were innocently enjoying a Summer day, taking their spills and getting up again, to start over.

I love that God speaks to us, practically, through His Word. The simple, day to day things are what take us through life. As much as I love reading the "old" writers, reveling in their old-style language (lost today)... Lord, please keep me simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment