Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Praises!

I am praising God this morning for His wonderful blessings daily. Reading in Ephesians 1:7, "In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins."! It is easy to reflect on the fact that I am forgiven from sin (though I do not grasp the full meaning of it) but I must keep before me, most of all, the huge sacrifice that it took for that to happen ---the tremendous tragedy of Christ's death on the cross.  God would never have been able to forgive me without the payment of Jesus' blood. I lose sight of His holiness sometimes. What a blessed reminder and great meditation for the day and days ahead.

My husband started a new job today! Praise the Lord for this. I was thinking, as he was driving out the driveway this morning, what a blessing it is each time there is a change in job status. If it were not for these times, we would not experience need and answer to prayer (perhaps). I do believe that God brings into every couple's life (individuals also) some means of their deep NEED to depend upon the Lord for provision. I am very thankful that Syd was not a "professional" in a particular field, with "job security". It has been a 32 year road of dependence upon God for provision, though, as I said, He has His means of bringing everyone into this dependence, even if they are professionals. I am just thankful for the way He has lead us.

I am on my way to my 2nd job today. If you are reading this and would care to pray, my sinuses are killing me and it is affecting my face and teeth immensely. Thankfully it comes on in "surges" and only lasts 15-20 minutes at a time, but I would love for it to stop. Have been doctoring myself and praying a lot. Thanks for your prayers.

Thanks, too, for stopping by the Hill today!! I'm sorry I've been so lapse in writing.

5 comments:

  1. So happy to hear your hubby is starting a new job! I was just praying for him last night. So thrilled to hear of this answer to prayer.

    And I will definitely pray for your sinuses today. I know that "face and teeth" feeling you are experiencing and it can be most painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have all been praising the Lord and thanking Him for the job!!!
    Praying that you will soon be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for the answer to prayer on a new job. :) We are also praying that you will soon be feeling better. When you are having teeth and sinus pain it is so difficult to concentrate on ANYTHING else. Praying for rest and that it will soon be better. Take care Mrs. V!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord ! For Syd's new job! Will pray for your pain to go away soon and that you can find out just what is causing it. May have a sinus infection. I had one once and I couldn't find a home remedy to 'fix' it. Some meds did the trick. Thanks for reminding us that sometimes when we are laid low it becomes a time to reflect. Be well soon. Hugs, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord ! For Syd's new job! Will pray for your pain to go away soon and that you can find out just what is causing it. May have a sinus infection. I had one once and I couldn't find a home remedy to 'fix' it. Some meds did the trick. Thanks for reminding us that sometimes when we are laid low it becomes a time to reflect. Be well soon. Hugs, Dottie

    ReplyDelete