Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Early Morning Rambles


The temperatures are in the teens this morning but it feels much colder. My car sat at the post office yesterday, covered in snow. It was just chilly enough for it not to melt off most all day. People came in asking, "where had YOUR car been?" as there was no snow down in town. This will not be the case soon, as our little village is notorious for having snow when others do not. It is hard to believe that we are 1/3 way through December already!

I could hear the frigid temperature under the dog's feet this morning when they went out at 4:45. The still-clinging snow was crunching under their steps. It was not long before they returned to the door, perhaps not so much from the cold - but that they were ready to eat!  Then just before I leave for work, they watch me get a little "treat" prepared in their doggie bone (though, Ruger will go with me today and tomorrow). Knowing they're getting that before I head out keeps them near the house and not following their noses, off to the neighbor's compost pile. Lately they have even been getting a little mouthful of food before we head up to bed at night; it was suggested to us because Ruger was having trouble with acids in his stomach, causing him to throw up in the middle of the night. Since we started with the handful of food before bed, we haven't had one episode. ANYWAY, they seem to think now that every time they come back through the door, it's time to eat! I wonder who's fault that is...hmm.

In their positions, ready to eat; NO, those are not bibs (:
The same chill is creeping over our floor. I am happy to have a couple mornings, mid week, to spend more time curled up in the blanket to read from the Word and pray. The woodstove is doing its work and we are SO thankful for the free hardwood that comes from Syd's workplace. It's clean, hot-burning scrap wood. My hubby even left me the full pot of coffee today (it's a tiny pot), as the coffee is "all" (my Grammy, from Pennsylvania Dutch country would leave off the "gone") so that I could enjoy two cups this morning, while he got his at the Mini-mart on the way to work. What a sweetie! He knew that this Wednesday morning, away from the post office, would not be complete without that second cup of coffee. Have I ever mentioned how thoughtful he is?

"Meeting with new friends" is another bonus of going to work with Cyndy
Here, a little fawn that he met last Spring
The verdict is still out as to whether I love this new "position" at work. I did my first stamp order yesterday (I've done them before, but it was over 8 years ago when I did an "OIC" detail in a nearby town). It's a joy to have two days "off", mid-week. Though I do work at my little bookkeeping job, I can start later and am only there until about 1:00 p.m. on those days. This is the place where Ruger can come along and enjoy the woods and fields, able to bark to his heart's content. Little Sturm is safer in his kennel at home, as he doesn't pay heed to boundaries nearly as well.




Yes, a lazy morning
















This is truly a rambling post! I have not posted in almost a week and I guess, just felt like thanking the Lord for a lazy morning. It is now 6:30 and I still don't have to be rushing off to dress or fix my hair.

The computer seems to be cold also. I haven't been able to get the pictures to show up where I want them, on the page!
  
I Corinthians 15:10 "But by the grace of God I am what I am; and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all; yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."

I am thankful for this testimony of Paul and was reminded that we Christians should not be in the habit of exclaiming how incompetent we are. God has made us saints, completely able to work for Him, by the grace of God which is in us. Paul admitted that he was not worthy to be called an apostle because he had persecuted the Church of God but he went on to exclaim, "by the grace of God, I am what I am"! How true, it is only by the grace of God that we can be saved and used of Him. That He would even think upon us and send His Son to shed His blood and die on the cross for humans, who did not love Him, is hard to imagine. But since He has saved me, I ought not to slander Him with my impertinence; but declare that He has made me a saint and I'll be fully willing to be used in any way He sees fit. This was a blessed morning with the Lord and I'm glad you stopped by to read a rambling post.
Take care.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your 'Rambling Post' today. I can just hear that crunch of cold, frozen snow neath the dog's feet! Denny's Mom always thought of the sound the cold snow made under her boots as she crossed the porch after it had blown onto it. Especially after moving to sunny Calif.
    Where is Syd working now? So glad he has a job again. Take care. D&D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still have no snow which is okay with me but the children would love some good sliding snow. :)Thanks for your ramblings. I very much enjoyed my visit to the hill. That coffee sure sounds good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love your rambling posts too :). It is always a blessing to stop by! We are enjoying no snow :) well, some of us :).

    ReplyDelete