Friday, February 15, 2013

Quick Friday Update

I am enjoying a couple of new blogs this morning. Just added them to my reading list. I must encourage both to update more often (: (you know who you are, hee hee!) graywulffvt.blogspot.com and finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com (our cousin near Lancaster County). I KNOW, I can update my  hubby's blog anytime I want, just have been so lax. I have lots of new painted floorcloths to put on there, for instance.  Since (semi) signing off Facebook, blogs have been more and more of a blessing. FB is simply a burden. The only reason I wanted to be on there is to reconnect with some really old friends and kids from school we worked at. We have been able to do that, but there's just so much STUFF to wade through and so much wasted words, pictures ("shared" from internet) and junk, it was just getting overwhelming.  The personal posts are really great, just few and far between.  This is a short post this morning.

Syd and I so enjoyed a nice dinner at our favorite Italian Restaurant last night. We were surprised and happy to see a great fiddler/guitarist who we have known, Spencer Lewis. He accompanied dinner all night and even came to our table with the fiddle at one point. It was a joy and a beautiful evening with my Sweetie.

Signing off now, but thanks for stopping by Darling Hill. Expecting snow here today. BIG snow-shoe-a-thon in our town tomorrow. It goes right up over The Hill. There will be over 300 snowshoers descending upon us. Better keep little Sturm inside. He's apt to scare them all with his little 13 lb body barking!

Take care, all.

2 comments:

  1. LOVED reading about your day.:)I have NEVER joined facebook and am so glad. I have never missed it. I like blogs so much better.:) They feel much more personal. I have met some great new friends through the bloggy world. What an encouragement many have been. Your blog is always a refreshing place to visit and I love being able to peek into your week. Your Valentines date sounded special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice update. So good to see you posting a bit more often and I liked this personal type of post very much. I enjoy your devotional posts greatly and often find them challenging to my heart. I so often fall so far short of Christlikeness. But it's also nice to hear what's going on in your life.

    I have never gotten into Facebook either and have no plans to. Many seem to manage it just fine, but it seems to have a tendency to take over people's lives. I just don't have time for that and, as Nikki said, blogs feel much more personal. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete