Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Listening and Living in the Moment with God

Aren't you thankful for God's constant reminders? The Bible is alive, His Word still speaking. The fact that God wants this constant fellowship, intimacy, with his children. This is a blessing!

Today I was reminded to listen to God's voice through the Word. Reading from I Samuel, Samuel was obedient to Eli's words, to listen to what God was saying to him. He was then obedient through his life. 3:19 says that Samuel did "let none of his words fall to the ground". How many of my words fail? I am thankful for this reminder.

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee, Holy Father; keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

Am I too busy to listen to every Word of God?  ...going about doing the things, the 'good works' that I think I must do? ...going about, piously judging other's actions and motives (as if I'm free to)...so busy that I cannot hear and see what my Lord would have me do TODAY?  The reminder to me today was: Identify with Him through reading the Bible this morning, then moment-by-moment, actively walking in it (and ONLY in it). He reminded me that the Christian life is to be lived momentarily, in His will. Is there sin? confess it and move on with Him in the NOW. Have I heard God's voice through His Word today?

He does not give up on true believers. I am thankful for a real heavenly Father who keeps reminding us of what we are to do.

I am also so glad that you stopped by Darling Hill this morning. I hope it's a special day for you!

This thick ice on the apple tree was not from today, but last year. We are experiencing pretty mild temps right now, actually.

Grandpa's barn, down the road. This is my Mom's homeplace.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cousins!

    I found your blogspot by accident thru one of the Facebook posts. Beautiful page and photos - keep up the good work. Hope you're having a good winter up there on the hill!

    Love you both,
    Luanne

    ReplyDelete