Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Take The Dimness of my Soul Away

"I ask no dream, no prophet ecstasies, no sudden rending of the veil of clay;
No angel visitant, no opening skies; But take the dimness of my soul away!"
~George Croley      Hymn, Spirit of God, Descend Upon My Heart

In hearing recent sermons, God has shown over and over to my heart the need, the great and happy burden of allowing Him more full sway; That I be a DOER of the Word, not a hearer only. Praying for revival does wonders for the heart. Home missionaries must have the same zeal and sold-out hearts that fellow, foreign missionaries do. It is a constant necessity, though a joy, to draw near to God and push away the things of flesh that try to press us into the world's mold. God does the work, but not without our obedience. Praying. I hope you 'prayers' are praying too. 


2 comments:

  1. During a great time in the Word last fall in the book of Luke, I read the wise man house on the rock/foolish man house on the sand parable with new eyes. I think I always took my ideas of it before from the song instead of Scripture. The foolish man isn't the person who rejects Christ, it's the one who hears his teachings without doing them.

    ReplyDelete