Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Come and Dine

I'm so thankful for God's preserved Word; a living Book that really does sustain and feed me as I walk through each day. Without the Bible we would flounder in this world. Yesterday and today I read in the book of John about Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection. To think that he died on that cross to take MY sin away -and you know that he did that for YOU also. Without the resurrection from the dead, his death would have been in vain. Believers have a relationship with the God of this universe because Jesus reconciled us to God through his blood and then rose from the dead; conquering death!

I find the need to think on this often, as my finite little mind can only take in so much at a time, and I am prone to be short-sighted and forgetful of all God's blessings. "Come and dine", was Jesus' invitation to the disciples around the fire that he'd laid the fish and bread upon, beside the sea. Oh, that I could grasp the meaning of all that Jesus is inviting me to in those words! We have so much to partake of in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Can I take in what Jesus was trying to tell Peter when he asked him three times, "Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?" I likely have to answer, as Peter did, that I love Jesus with this "phileo" love, rather than the whole-hearted "agape" love that I am commanded to love God with. Yet He knows our frame and remembers that we are dust; even in this state of 'sub-standard love' (I call it that because I cannot come up with a better term) Peter was told to feed Jesus' sheep and lambs, to graze, fodder and supervise the flock of God. He receives and uses us where we are and is patient to wait for us to get to know him better and to grow in his love. What a God we serve!


Oh, Lord, please keep my eyes fixed on you so that I'll be consumed with the love that you authored!


If I write more at this time it would just be rambling, as God has me chewing on this right now. I love the verse that promises, "He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6).

Thank you so much for stopping by Darling Hill on this snowy morning. Just a few random pictures to finish out the post:
 the baby foxes from a few years ago
 I love these moose antlers with the snow on them
 Our owl visitor outside Mom's window
sunrise from the deck

No comments:

Post a Comment