Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Waters Gushed Forth!

My hubby rented a backhoe this past weekend. He dug a trench that led from our house, down into the edge of the woods where the promised waters lay beneath the ground. We were told that two branches of water came together in this spot. As Syd neared the dig-site, he was praying that he truly would make a strike, especially since we are in a dry spell at this time. I relate this story as it was told to me. Once the trench was completed Syd positioned the backhoe and planted its feet in the rich, black earth. When he was about 3 foot down he began to hit dry, sandy soil. That was not a good sign, he thought. Down about another foot or two it was a bit wetter and he started to see seepage. Within another foot he had seen a trickle of water coming through the walls; then with his next scoop the waters came gushing in! He figured the scoop to be about 20 gallons, as it appeared to be four 5-gallon pails of dirt lying there. By the time he swung the bucket back around, the hole was FULL of water! He dug the hole down to solid ledge. We now have an 8 X 4 foot hole with about 5 feet of water standing in it. Next come the well tiles, etc. (which I say because I don't know the details of all that comes next).

I do know that I am looking forward to water running right into the house, though I've been getting used to the hauling and heating. Oh yes, did I mention, it will be cold AND HOT water? We have a brand new water heater waiting to be fired up!

The Lord blessed us with water even during a dry time. He so often does this spiritually also. There are times when I seem to be spiritually dry; not of the Lord's will, but because of my own inner struggles. Even during these times when He does not seem so near, He is there holding me up; "And underneath are the everlasting arms". I am so thankful that the Lord is always faithful even when we may not be. He brought the Israelites water in a dry and thirsty land, "where no water is". There was the Rock from which water gushed forth to sustain that entire nation.




We are thanking Him for bringing us water; both physical and spiritual!

4 comments:

  1. We too add our "PRAISE THE LORD" ! SO happy to hear
    that you now have a well. God is Good!
    Dottie & Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy for you and will be so glad for you both when you no longer have to haul water.:)Quite often when I dread doing my dishes I remind myslf that you still do not have running water and I should rejoice in just turning on the tap.:)I was so glad to see you had updated twice...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Nikki, I'm glad the Lord did use it in the lives of others in some way. Overall, I truly did not mind being without water - sometimes I did complain though. People always wondered why I liked doing their dishes, it was because water ran right out of the faucet!

    ReplyDelete