Saturday, April 21, 2012

Great Day!

It's a beautiful day on Darling Hill. We are awaiting the badly needed rain, but are enjoying dark gray skies, intermingled with blue and spots of sun. I had a wonderful morning at the post office; sold a few stamps and swapped "hellos" with townsfolk. After work I carried our friend, Evelyn, up to Mom's and left them readying for their lunch. I expect they're having a nice talk and perhaps "puzzling" together. Syd is working on our porch, which will have an enclosed room and will open into our living area. Here's the progression thus far. The door went on today and I hear a lot of banging going on out there!


As I look out now, I can see that there is a doorknob and lock in place. Once the temporary wall (which was once a door) is taken out, I will post more pictures. I'm very excited about rearranging our furniture and getting a little larger "feel" here in the living room. Here is an idea of where the woodstove is right now. That will be gone and the wall behind it opened up to reveal the new little room, allowing a new space for our couch. I do love the tiny house, but won't at all mind the breathing room!


Unfortunately, I have another piece of furniture that I want to re-upolster and bring into the space! It's a beautiful chaise and I have no idea where it will go yet. We'll see.

I was reading in the Scriptures today and for the last few days from the book of Acts. One of my favorite evangelist preachers, Chuck Crabtree, gave a message many years ago called Great Grace, Great Power and Great Joy. We have it on tape somewhere and I need to locate it and listen to it again. The portions of Scripture I have recently read was where his sermon was centered. Acts 4:33 said that "with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus; and great grace was upon them all." As the sin of Ananias and Sapphira came to light and they both were stricken of the Holy Ghost and died, great fear came upon all who heard (5:5, 11). When I read on through the next few chapters I discovered more "greats". Stephen, one of the first deacons of the new church, also became the first martyr in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. It was recorded that Stephen,"full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people." (6:8). Then in chapter 8, when Philip went down to the city of Samaria, many believed in those things which He preached unto them and, "there was great joy in that city." The final great that I have seen today was not in so many words. Once Saul, the one who 'made havoc of the church' became a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, 9:31 says, "then had the churches rest...and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied." This was (surely) great rest, great edification, great comfort and great multiplication indeed!

If any of you get to hear Evangelist Crabtree preach, it will be a treat. He is small of stature but large of heart and spirit. When preaching he is apt to burst out in song at given times and he bounces up and down a little as his voice booms out a particular point. All who have met him can see the Lord Jesus Christ beaming out, I'm sure. He is a humble servant of God.

I hope that you have had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for visiting the Hill and we hope your Lord's day is a great blessing!  I hear the rain starting to come down on the tin roof of our back porch - another blessing of having the back porch, the sound of pattering rain!  Take care, all.



No comments:

Post a Comment