Monday, June 11, 2012

A Happy Lump of Clay

II Thessalonians 3:3 "But the Lord is faithful who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil."

I was reading this the other day and it struck me how often I look back to different situations that could have turned out very bad, or where I could have gotten spiritually sidetracked and yet the Lord either directed me right out of the path or walked me straight through it, unscathed. Aren't you glad that He keeps the Christian from evil. I used to think that, now that I am a believer, God will not allow certain "bad" things to happen to me. Not so. With God, all things that come into my life are for GOOD. He does everything perfect and is always right. I'm so glad, because there is no one else who does, or is!

As I meditated on the verse above I realized how often I am tempted to "categorize" God as always doing things in one particular manner. Yet, He works in such different ways in each individual life. This does not make God "changing". He is always the same. It is so easy to think that, because you do not have a certain thing that another believer may be blessed with, it is a mark of being out of the will of God. Then I am reminded of the verse, "and having food and raiment, therewith to be content." He has blessed us with so much more than food and raiment. Jesus Christ shed His blood and died on the cross for every one of our sins, past, present and future! He adopted us into His family and has given us a new name! Don't let Satan fool you into thinking that because you do not have certain "blessings", that God has not blessed you immensely. Contentment and joy in the Lord Jesus is the greatest blessing one could possess!

I am happy that He can keep us from the evil and He will not lead us into temptation. Our Potter can work us, His clay, into any shaped vessel He wishes.  Lord, please make and keep me a happy lump of clay!




A favorite Hymn:
"My Goal is God Himself, not joy nor peace, nor even blessing, but Himself, my God.
'Tis His to lead me there; not mine, but His; at any cost, dear Lord, by any road."


I'm so glad you stopped by Darling Hill today and hope you'll visit again soon.

2 comments:

  1. So glad I stopped by too :). I was just thinking on the verse the other day about comparing ourselves and how that it is not wise!
    Thank you for praying my guys and us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We're facing a trial with Forest's health right now (sciatica flare-up) that is, of course, also an economic trial. Thanks for the encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete