Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Vessel for Faith

I entered the house last night to the smell of wood smoke. What a great scent! Syd had gotten the stove hooked up in our new little room off the living room. Today he told me over the phone that he got paid for a job he finished for the couple up the road, went and purchased insulation and is doing the ceiling today! I know, that sounds a little backward, but last night's fire was just a trial one, not a heating one. We are so blessed to have a tiny cabin in the woods, snug and warm. I'm looking forward to Winter this year, though I have had "reports" that it's going to be a hard one. Whatever the Lord sends will be best.

There was more rain falling this morning. The last good rains produced pretty measureable water in the well, but still not deep enough to pump. The Lord will bring that in His time too. We have had to haul it for several years before and it never killed me. I'm so happy though, that we didn't throw away our pump shower.

This morning, reading from the book of Matthew (6:7) I read, "When ye pray..." The Lord taught His disciples to address God with, "Our Father", and He made it clear that they were to pray. Without prayer I would be empty and not able to 'know' my Lord properly. We know someone by spending time really speaking to them, and they back to us. This morning while talking to God I realized that I am simply an empty vessel. I thought of a rain gauge. The gauge was empty last evening, but the Lord sent the rain in the night and this morning, to fill it up. Though the well was getting dry and not truly serviceable, the Lord is filling it up so that it will be useable again.  I thank our dear, Heavenly Father for the way He keeps us so close and that His everlasting arms are there to catch us if we fall! I read a blog post of a godly woman today. It was all about how God is increasing our faith and just waits for us to come along with Him. He is always so faithful. Aren't you glad?

No comments:

Post a Comment