Saturday, September 29, 2012

Where is my Heart?

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Proverbs 4:23

For weeks now, God has been bringing this verse to my heart almost daily and reminding me that how I deal with every "issue" of life is established my the heart. Is my heart given over to God in every detail, in every issue? When I hear a word of exhortation and bristle against it, I have asked myself, "where is my heart in that subject? am I willing to change it for Jesus Christ's glory?" The answer must be nothing less than, "yes", or I am not where God wants me to be. The Christian's life is ever growing and being changed by the Lord, maturing and being made more like Him. He doesn't expect it all to happen in an instant, it takes a lifetime, but He does expect my heart to be totally yielded to Him, moment by  moment as He does the molding. These were precious thoughts to me this early morning as I spent time in God's Word.

This photo has nothing to do with the post, just a funny picture that Syd took when Mom was here the other night.
Cat lovers, please don't take it wrong ( :


Syd took it to say how much he loves his mother in law! Posted it on his Facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mrs. V this was MUCH needed today!

    I love the picture of your Mom :) it is so sweet how much Mr. V loves his mother-in-law too!!! Though I don't know how anyone could not love your Mom ... she is precious to all who know and love her!!!

    ReplyDelete