Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dinner From a Valentine

We had a great Valentine's Day. Monday I had to work till 5:00 and then stop at a friend's house on the way home to do a few things for her. Syd was glad that I was "late" because he barely had time to get his preparations finished up. When I walked in, there was my Valentine's dinner. He had made salsa, fresh guacamole, refried beans and two huge chicken quesadillas. There was also a dozen red roses. It was just beautiful! It was also delicious. He'd been talking about making quesadillas for a few days and they were great.


We spent our Valentine's Day at a quiet little cabin on a side hill, in the woods. It was romantic. The place has electricity, running water and comes complete with two friendly dogs!  I cooked HIM dinner on Tuesday night. We had a couple small steaks and mashed sweet potatoes with steamed veggies....not so romantic, but it was yummy anyway. I had a partial bag of mini marshmallows, so did make a tiny dessert (rice crispy treats with honey nut cheerios instead).


Here, me and Lion were saying, "thanks (to Syd) for dinner and the roses". This lion was a gift from Syd several years ago. When you squeeze his paw he says, "GRrrrr--rrrr--rrr" and shivers. I take him to the post office when I'm working for Valentine's day and everyone gets a kick out of him. Ruger grabs him by the nose every chance he gets, thus the smudge.

Well, my hubby is off to work and I must get settled down to pray and read. I hope you all have a wonderful day. It's supposed to warm up for a few days in our area. The sap will run for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment