Monday, February 13, 2012

The Eye of the Lord

I saw this "awesome" (I reserve that word only to refer to God) photo and downloaded it to my computer. It is a photo looking into a galaxy, I do not know which one. It is almost like seeing the eye of God, don't you think? This is what I thought when I saw it.


I would love to share a thought with you that I had this morning while reading in the 22nd chapter of Luke. As I read I thought of this particular picture. Jesus had been betrayed by Judas and sent to the house of the High Priest. Peter was in the courtyard, warming himself by the fire, where bystanders were declalring him to have "been with Jesus". When he denied his Lord for the third time, the cock crew and Jesus "turned and looked upon Peter". I thought about myself, and the fact that the Lord instructs me and teaches me in the way that I should go. He guides me with His eye (Psalm 32:8) and that, "the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear Him, upon them that hope in His mercy." (33:18). God sees when I have walked according to His will and He knows whether I have denied Him. When Jesus looked upon Peter, Peter remembered Jesus' words, "Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice", and he went out and "wept bitterly". Do I weep BITTERLY when I have denied my Lord?  The more I love the Lord, the more I will be sensitive to grieving Him. We grow to love those whom we think upon most. I pray that my mind thinks upon my Savior most of all. Oh, Father, please make my heart tender and sensitive to your eye upon my life at all times, that I will love you with all my heart, soul and mind.


The sun is shining on Darling Hill today. I hope that you're able to get out and enjoy your day and that you can come back and visit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment