Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Blessing through a Radio Message

While doing my housework this morning my heart was blessed through a message by Dr. Randy Leedy. It is such a joy to have a computer. Logging on to wmuu.com is one good source to hear messages.  This morning he was continuing a theme he called, The Culture of Heaven.  Today's message was out of Jeremiah 31:31-33, entitled "Law Without Legalism" and spoke of the new covenant that God has made through His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus came to fulfill or "fill out" the old testament law and certainly expects true believers to take heed to the teachings He sets forth in the entire Bible. There was more contained in this message than I could ever have the ability to share with you here.

One thing that the Lord reminded me of, though, was that obedience springs from the heart and it is a heart given over to Him that makes me desire to maintain God's new testament laws. I can agree with Jesus Christ's teachings and God's commandments contained in the old and new testaments, and could even "look good on the outside" at times, but all this "agreeing" does not make me a christian who walks with a pure heart. I was encouraged this morning to continue to allow God to make me get to know and understand the culture of Heaven. I grew up in a culture of worldliness.  All around me are pleasures that may be had by making a simple decision. It takes a close, loving, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ and careful understanding of God's Word to combat the pull of the culture that is all around me.
This message was just one more thing that the Lord brought into my life this week to guide and lead me closer to Him.  I truly believe that my heavenly Father uses the Bible and many circumstances throughout the week in preparation of coming to gather with the saints on the Lord's day, to sit under the preaching of a pastor who truly leads the flock.

Am I willing to be engaged in the Culture of Heaven?

A couple thoughts that came to me this morning: God is not impressed with me, nor is He desirous for me to impress others. This christian life is not a competition or a spiritual beauty contest. He just wants me to be willing for Him to make me what He wants me to be. When I stand before Him at the wonderful Judgement Seat of Christ one day, it will just be me and Him.


Oh, Lord, please make me all that YOU want me to be. You are Sovreign and know what is best at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment