Thursday, March 8, 2012

Love and Answered Prayer

It is a quiet Thursday morning and my schedule has changed yet again. Working as a PMR, I never know when someone may call and the whole week gets switched around. I have always felt that it is the Lord intervening, so it really doesn't bother me, when His hand is in it. My times are in His hand anyway. I will be at our little Vershire office this afternoon so am staying home from my bookkeeping job this morning so I can catch up on things around the house. Yesterday I spent the entire day in an office that I have not worked in for almost a year (except to just sort mail). It was nice to be there. Being a neighboring town, you see many faces that you know.  All seven offices that I work in are connected towns. It is enjoyable work and I am thankful that the Lord has kept my job open and given me just enough hours to be a help to my husband.  Today the biggest help I could be to Syd is to get these dishes done. When the counters are a mess his wife isn't very happy either, and he doesn't need that.  I've been testing out recipes lately, in hopes that I can get him the right foods (nothing contributing to kidney stones) - and that makes for more dirty dishes!

More on housework - Is anyone else experiencing an infestation of fruit flies? I have heard a few people over Facebook say that they are. We ARE. Tuesday at noon, after working the morning, I came home and tackled the vacuum cleaner. Isn't it funny, you start in the upright position and eventually grab the wand and get on your hands and knees. Truly, before I was done, I had crawled over every inch of my downstairs floor, dragging the vacuum behind me. In my travels I could not BELIEVE the amount of fruit flies. "Hundreds of thousands of them" had been my description to Syd a few weeks ago when I first saw them dead on the floors. This time they lay dead in masses along the crack of the windowsills, in certain areas of the floors. They seemed to be in patches. We had put little pots of vinegar out when they were in their 'flying mode' (which I am glad is now over). This was supposed to get them at bay and I think it did help a lot. I didn't mind every room smelling like a pickle as long as I wasn't finding a fruit fly in my coffee cup at every turn! When Syd got home from work Tuesday, I exclaimed about the dead fruit flies. His reply, "hundreds of thousands of them?" - "Yes!", I said!

Well, before I get to those dishes I wanted to say how thankful I am for a mid-week prayer meeting. Last night I noted so many answers to prayer; requests that had been given in the past. I use an old prayer sheet, so see a lot of requests that we had had in previous weeks. One of my prayer requests, which I had expressed in a blogpost back several weeks ago, was for the possibility of a ladies Bible study or a time where ladies could get together to talk and share blessings that the Lord has given them. This blog has been the greatest outlet for my own heart to pour out blessings that the Lord has given me through His word. Well, the Lord is answering prayer in this regard. He has laid on the heart of one of the ladies of our church, to pray about starting a Bible study for women. She is a blessed christian, and a somewhat "older woman" in our church (though she is not old). God is always so good and He answers prayer according to His timing, not ours. We just need to keep praying.  Another blessing during the service was reading from the Proverbs. Last night we read from chapters 9 and 10. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." This has been one of the verses we've been learning on in my children's Sunday school class for many weeks. At many turns, the Lord has been helping me to just scratch the surface of God's wisdom. He promises to teach us the fear of the Lord if we will come to Him and hearken unto Him (Ps 34:11 was one of our memory verses). One other answer to prayer concerns one of the little children who had come to Sunday school several weeks back but had not been able to return of late. His grandmother said that the Lord is working in his heart and that of his parents and he might begin to come again on a regular basis! This is such a joy to my heart, as it was to the church family! A hymn that we sang last night was, "Oh, the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus". As I'd mentioned in the blog the other day, having security in His love allows the christian to have the freedom to live a victorious, joyful life in Him. I am so thankful that the Lord just keeps reminding, teaching, answering prayer, reminding again, carrying us along, rebuking, loving....etc. day by day, all through our christian life! We are not in a competition to be most spiritual and we are not going to become mature all at once. All that we are to "be" is what He desires to make us. He says that He has begun a good work in us, and will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

I was checking emails this morning and read one from my friend, Dottie. In it was a little story about two young children, a brother and a sister.  I want to paste it here for you to read:


Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at a

hospital, I got to know a little girl named Liz who

was suffering from a rare & serious disease. Her only

chance of recovery appeared to be a blood

transfusion from her 5-year old brother, who had

miraculously survived the same disease and had

developed the antibodies needed to combat the

illness. The doctor explained the situation to her

little brother, and asked the little boy if he would

be willing to give his blood to his sister.



I saw him hesitate for only a moment before taking a

deep breath and saying, "Yes I'll do it if it will save

her." As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed

next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing

the color returning to her cheek. Then his face

grew pale and his smile faded.



He looked up at the doctor and asked with a

trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away".



Being young, the little boy had misunderstood the

doctor; he thought he was going to have to give his

sister all of his blood in order to save her. 
I enjoyed the little story, but mostly I loved the reminder that it brought to my heart. This young boy loved his sister and was willing to die for her. We have a Savoiur who loved the whole human race. He loved the unloveable and those who were totally His enemies. Romans 5:8 says that "God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." As I have put my trust in this Saviour who died for me, I now can be confident in the love that He "commended" to me personally. Lord, please teach me more fully the depths of your love each day so that I will walk in total love toward you and in love toward those who you put in my path.


It is time to tackle those dishes and whatever else comes up today. I'm so glad you stopped by Darling Hill. They say that we may experience temperatures toward 60 today - unbelievable! The roads will be getting plenty muddy very soon, as Spring approaches. Be careful, and keep in the middle of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment