Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Settled Peace


Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1


While my husband and I were at Bible school I heard many people quote their “life verse”. Having never considered narrowing my favorites down to one, I thought and sought, and eventually chose Romans 5:1. Though not a wordy or poetic verse, its beauty is in the solid truth. What better life-promise could there be?!

I absolutely love the flowing, beautiful wording of the Authorized Version, the King James (which I would not trade for all the up-to-date, ever-changing versions out there), but it is the solidly grounded Truth of God and promises found within that thrill and settle my heart. This verse for instance; those who have put their faith in the blood shed on Calvary; accepting the death (that we deserved to die), burial and resurrection (He “was raised again for our justification.” Rom 4:25) of Jesus Christ, ARE justified by faith! We ARE at peace with God through Jesus Christ. To me, THAT is a life verse! This sacrifice of God's Son reconciled me to God eternally! Because of this we Christians have been given the ministry of reconciliation.

On the Lord’s Day we have been studying through the book of Romans. Three weeks ago our pastor was preaching from this particular verse and the Scripture references following it. I'd written this post on that particular Sunday afternoon in hopes of being able to attach the message, such a blessing that I wanted to share it with you all. Between my CD player being laid up, and now that it's fixed, I haven't got my hands on the original recording Pastor had, I will try my best to get it on my sidebar for you to listen to at a later date. I am still reveling in the fact of justification and peace with God. It has been the meditation of my  heart. You know when you meditate on a fact, it seems that the Lord keeps bringing it up through so many various messages and means?! He is so personal with us. 

I just wanted to share this verse with you. If you have never received the "atonement" (the exchange; Jesus' death on the cross, in place of your sure, eternal death for sin), the Bible says, "be ye reconciled to God". Christian, we can rest in the fact of settled peace with God. While doing this honestly, it leads us to consider every step that we take as reflecting and adorning the Gospel and the Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful life verse! I too have never been able to choose one ... I find that different ones for different seasons of life seem to be the way for me now.
    Evenings we have been studying "Knowing God' Will" and Romans 12:1,2 are the main verses.
    Sent the DVD back with Pastor on Tuesday so hopefully you will be able to get it up soon ... had it Sunday on the counter ready to go and something got set on it so I did not find it till all had left.
    "You know when you meditate on a fact, it seems that the Lord keeps bringing it up through so many various messages and means?!" ... that is so true!!! I can't count the times that has happened.
    I better run, the kids are making veggie platters. I am always so blessed when I stop up on your hill :).

    ReplyDelete