Friday, November 6, 2015

Fall Contemplations

Oak leaves...They are lovely enough to bring indoors. My Sister-in-law had some on the table the other night, which prompted me to clip some from the little tree across the road! 




“That I may  know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death.”
Philippians 3:10

What a blessing that God knows me and wants me to KNOW HIM! ...really KNOW Him. The rest my life must be lived in pursuit of God. What a journey!

A good book which we just ordered and it came today: The Knowledge of the Holy" - A.W. Tozer
Many years ago I read, "The Kneeling Christian". It was by an unknown author.

No casual reading of either of these can bring about this knowledge, but digging into God's Word, in response to them will. Oh, to learn the lessons! He is faithful!



This was our pumpkin soup tureen this Fall. I'd seen these white pumpkins. They're kind of ugly, actually, but when you paint them it gives a pretty effect.

Back to work. Thanks for stopping by.

An update on Mom:
She is getting physical therapy at least once per day. The speech therapist was there yesterday when I visited. They're very creative in the ways of therapy. We are so thankful that Mom is in a place that is doing everything they can to help her toward recovery.
One great prayer request that I have is, that she will perceive how God is reminding her moment by moment that He is there, giving her peace, ready to respond to her every prayer and meet her every need. Mom has always said, "you can pray to God at any time, in any place." I am thankful that she never forgot that. I trust that it is what she does all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment