Monday, August 1, 2011

Clearing out the Cobwebs

I'm armed with yogurt, fresh berries and coffee as I get set for another day. Ruger and I just got back from a "ball toss-walk". Last night he spotted his very dusty ball and went to the trouble of crawling way under the couch to get it. This morning he was rewarded with a quick game before work. Usually on these walks he is constantly dropping the ball as his nose takes him off on a rabbit or fox trail, but today the ball stayed firmly in his mouth until we were almost home. I suppose he didn't want to risk losing it again. My part of the walk consisted mostly of clearing my face of cobwebs. Our lane is quite narrow and obviously no one living above us has left for work yet this morning!

I do get what the dog sees in an early morning walk. Now that the blood is flowing well I feel more ready to take on the chores of the day. All that arm-flailing helped too, I'm sure...another benefit of fighting off cobwebs.

I hope you can take a walk up your "Darling Hill" today.

No comments:

Post a Comment