Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Interceding for Us!

I was reading the prayer in John 17, where Jesus prayed for His disciples and for those who would believe on Him through their word. He prayed for us! Verse 22 was the greatest blessing as Jesus prayed that we might be "one" with the Father, as Jesus himself was. This, so the world would believe that God had sent Jesus.

A dear believer and sister-blogger wrote to me yesterday, reminding me that prayer IS our ministry! It's the most important one we could have and as I thought on that fact, I was reminded that it is the one thing that Jesus spent most of His time in. He spent all night in prayer and God recorded it on several occasions throughout Scripture. Jesus was truly ONE with His Father. He prayed, in God's will, that we would be one with Him too. God will answer Jesus' prayer!

He prayed, too, that God would "sanctify them through thy truth, thy word is truth". Believers are set apart through the Word of God. We are truly blessed. Jesus is still at the right hand of the throne of God, interceding for us!

What communion we can have with God because of Jesus' shed blood on the cross of Calvary. We can be ONE with God because of Him!

I hope you have a blessed day.

Doesn't this look like an oil painting? It is a photo, taken from the top of Darling Hill. I call it 'December sunrise'

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs. V,
    I was just wondering if Mr. V would share his salsa recipe with us? If so could you e-mail it? I think I have enough ingredients from our garden and it sounds good right now. :)

    ReplyDelete