Monday, October 1, 2012

Rainy Day Rambles

I can't say these are just "rambles", because the Lord has blessed abundantly this morning! While I was getting the bread going He reminded me to turn on WMUU radio (which I am not necessarily recommending, as it has changed hands and I do not know what their format is any more-just haven't had time to get on there and stream any of their music, etc). On their homepage I can choose to listen to messages from Bob Jones University chapel services. First thing that I chose this morning though, was one other of their regular features, "Sunshine on the Soapsuds" with Mrs. Jones. The first post I listened to was exactly what I needed and it came at the perfect time to share with a very special person in my life. The post was entitled, Lean Hard. I will copy and paste it here.


"Child of My Love! Lean hard! Let Me feel the 
pressure of your care. I know your burden, child! 
I shaped it- I poised it in My own hand and made 
no proportion of its weight to your unaided strength. 
For even as I laid it on, I said I shall be near, and 
while she leans on Me, this burden shall be Mine, 
not hers. So shall I keep My child within the circling 
arms of My own love. Here lay it down! Do not 
fear to impose it on a shoulder which upholds the 
government of worlds! Yet closer come! You are 
not near enough! I would embrace your burden, 
so I might feel My child reposing on My breast. 
You love Me! I know it. Doubt not, then. But, 
loving me, lean hard!"

"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and 
He shall sustain thee; He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22. 

I would ask you to pray for this dear friend who is going through such a difficult time in her life right now. She has a saved daughter and also an unsaved son and husband. They all need our prayers this days and for many to come.  When we mention this family, we can all think of so many people who need to LEAN HARD upon the Lord God; Unsaved ones who need to come to Him for saving grace, and Christians who are going through difficult times, even tragedy in their lives right now. Praise God that He is there to lean on and I think this poem expresses it beautifully when it says, "...this burden shall be Mine, not hers...You are not near enough! I would embrace your burden, so I might feel my child reposing on my breast..." What a precious Savior we have!

A Rainy Day "In" -
Today is a day of staying home. I am so excited about it that I almost don't want the day to end - but I guess I would get tired of it, come about 9:00 p.m. (smiling).  Syd was out the door by 7:00 a.m., as he had a job to do for a former co-worker, AND he took the laundry with him....I assume that means that it will come home clean and folded! HE is a gem! In his "unemployment" (which ends up that he is not home very often, as the Lord has provided quite a bit of work through various individuals), my hubby surely does very little sitting around! I pray for him much, as he has applied for MANY jobs and sent in many resumees. There have been several interviews and there are certainly LOTS of people out there looking for work, as many of these positions have had upwards toward 100+ applicants. It is because of the Lord's grace and strength that Syd does not get discouraged. Our God loves us so much and is so good to us. He reminds us to LEAN HARD even when we are not going through tragic circumstances, but even simple, everyday "trials and temptations".

The bread is rising and the apple pies are coming up next. Syd is getting an apple pie for his birthday, which is tomorrow. He doesn't know it  yet, so please don't squeal! I will post a birthday picture, maybe tomorrow. 

It's a beautifully rainy day on Darling Hill. The leaves have certainly turned and they are falling fast. I ended up picking the pumpkin, as I was afraid he'd end up freezing up there at the top of the driveway and we wouldn't get a chance to enjoy looking at him unless I picked him and placed him by the door...so there he sits!  At least one side got a little color!

Sturm and Ruger are peeking out the window to say "hi" to you too!






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. What a great thing to think on today. We often think our trials are so great when others are facing much tougher times. Thanks for the reminder.
    So glad you get to stay home today. It sounds so comfy.... I can almost smell those yummy smells. Your entry is beautiful!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Nikki. :O) And Praise th Lord for the RAIN. I love coming to the hill and visiting. I am always encouraged and refreshed.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete