Tuesday, May 14, 2013

God's Little Tests

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:2-4

I recently heard an interesting analogy: God controls what is at hand (I Peter 1:5,6); God knows our trials, and God knows the happy ending.  Because of Christ's resurrection, the Christian is as secure as HE is alive!

Our heavenly Father is the perfect Teacher and every so often the very best teachers tell us to "pull out a piece of paper and a pencil and we are going to have a little test". They do this to see if we have been studying. In God's case, He already knows. The tests of the Christian life are more to prove to ourselves whether we have been studying.

As I sit reading my Bible, enjoying my 4 oz cup of peppermint tea, I look forward to having a hysterectomy today. It's a little test that I had suspected for the past few days but found out about yesterday. As we spend time with our Lord reading, hearing and speaking about the Word of God daily, those are the times when we are studying for our personal tests. What a blessing that all the promises of God are given to us and remain in our hearts to draw from during testing times.

Thank you to anyone of you who might pray for this particular circumstance today in the recovery during weeks to come.

Soon I'll decide what other 4 ounces of clear liquid I want to drink before the 12:30 bell rings...I suspect it will be peppermint tea. It tasted so good!

Thanks for stopping by the hill. I hope you have a blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. "He knoweth the way that I take". We can trust Him in it all!

    Praying!

    RLR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well - love you, cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, Cyndy. Please keep us updated on your recovery as you're able.

    ReplyDelete