Monday, February 27, 2012

83 Wonderful Years

   
We celebrated Mom's birthday on Sunday afternoon. The R family from church came and also some close friends from CT. Two of my brothers and families were there. We had a great time. My hubby, Syd, made the beautiful cake above. He has taken to baking lately, as he enjoys watching cooking shows. This was on The Cook's Kitchen on Saturday. He made it with cherries, but will be trying one with raspberries soon. I told him to try one for my upcoming birthday - hee, hee!
Here's Mom with our friend Barbara
...guy talk
My sis-in-law giving Mom her famous back massage. I can almost NEVER get a picture of her! As you can see my other sis-in-law was "on the move" behind her, so I couldn't get a clear pic (kidding, she didn't even know I was taking one)
The two Mrs Rs sharing a laugh
My brother, giving a speech - actually I have NO idea what he was saying, probably telling a story!
Some of the men...more "guy talk"

I loved these pictures of Pastor with little Mercy. Emma's reading them a story in this one.
Happy Birthday, dear Mo--o-mmm! Happy Birthday to YOU!

This party was put together quite at the last minute and we really  had not thought about how many people we were going to invite - nor did we really have any FOOD (bad idea). When my brother, Kim, showed up, they had brought all kinds of fruit and sourdough rolls, veggies for dipping. We ended up with plenty of food for all. Thank you, Kim, and thank the Lord for this bounty!
A fun time was had by all.

A little Update on Syd
Thanks to all who have been praying (those of you who knew). Syd suffered from pain all weekend and thought he may be having a bladder infection. He agreed to go to the doctor today and they took him straight in, put him on a drip and scheduled him for tests. He has "several" large kidney stones in his bladder, waiting to pass out, but they're too big to do so. They will have to be surgically removed or blasted, whichever is best. There are also some IN his kidneys which appear quite large. The worst problem is that there is a large one in his right kidney, obstructing the way for urine to pass, which "is a major problem", they said. Originally he was to undergo surgery today, but there is no space for him to be operated on today so they are sending him home and he I will take him down tomorrow for surgery. We were not given a time yet, so if you would please pray for guidance. I am especially praying that the right kidney is not deprived too long and does not shut down, as this could happen. We want to leave this all in the Lord's hands. Once we know how everything turned out, I'll give an update. Thanks for remembering Syd!

3 comments:

  1. That was a fun party and though we "look" not amused in that picture with Kim talking.We were looking at the bugs on that bug video.(Not my favorite thing.)We are praying for Mr.V.Lord willing they can get him in first thing in the morning.Those pictures of Mercy and Pastor are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will definitely pray for Syd! Please keep us posted as to how things are going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Grammy R! Wish we could have stayed to celebrate with you.
    Praying for Mr. V!!!!!

    ReplyDelete