Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Day in the 70s

It's hard to believe that it is mid March and temperatures were around 76 degrees. What a beautiful Lord's Day we had. After we had all eaten lunch many of us sat outside on the church steps and enjoyed the sun. During the afternoon service the windows were thrown open wide and balmy breezes flowed through while the old fashioned hymns flowed out! It was a refreshing day all-round, with good preaching and fellowship. I had the privilege of teaching the youngest children's Sunday School class, as my sister in law was not here today. Unfortunately, that meant that the congregation was forced to sing to my piano playing also. I praise the Lord for enjoying the piano so much, perhaps it makes up (at least a little) for my lack of ability.  I do miss having one in our home, as it is a very relaxing pastime.  Syd made it through S.S and both services, though in much pain.

Just an update:  On Friday we got to the hospital at 6:30 a.m. and Syd was in surgery by 8:03. They had to work most of the two hours allotted, on one kidney stone that had become badly impacted into the right ureter. They got it all broken up and "picked out" then moved on to remove the stone from the left ureter. He was in surgery for 2 1/4 hrs.  New stents had to be put in place (those are very uncomfortable and he'd hoped that they'd be able to be removed altogether) because they expected quite a bit of swelling in the ureter after such extensive work. In two weeks they'll let us know when the next surgery will be; this time to remove the stents (potentially) and a stone that is still low in the left kidney. I think they'll leave the ones in the bladder to pass on their own? though I'm a bit unclear on that one. Soon we hope to know what they're made up of so that we can truly know what foods to avoid most. Thanks all you who asked about him and have been praying. He's very uncomfortable but coming along well.

After church today Mom and I took the dogs for a short walk, as her hip is still hurting some when she bears too much weight on it. After she's been sitting for some time it is the worst. Truly, as she walks a bit more it does really start to limber up. We ask her a lot of questions about it and I feel that this week I'll need to call the doctor to try to get her in to see him.  I knew that Mom would be going for a walk when I left her off after church, so figured I'd rather be with her when she goes. She did fine. It's impossible to keep her in on these nice days. Thanks for remembering her too.

I was just thanking the Lord for my sewing machine. When we returned from church we discovered that Sturm had, once again, chewed through his halter. I had done extensive work on it two days after we purchased it, as he chewed it up nicely at that time too. Using a nylon leash that we have I was able to piece in the missing straps. It's not pretty, but it still works. Being one year old is truly a learning experience, for Sturm and for us!

I'm sorry I had not been on the blogs to bring any news from the Hill for days. Tonight's is just a rambling post, as you can see.  I'll leave you with a few recent pictures from the living room.

 basking in the afternoon sun
This one was Jaden and Ruger at Mom's house last December. How they loved one another!

I hope you had a good weekend. It's supposed to be a truly beautiful week. Be well and enjoy the Spring weather!

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, wasn't it such a beautiful day! It was so warm here. We went out for a walk around 5:30 and it was actually hot. It doesn't seem as if this could last, but who knows, after the winter we've [not] had!

    Thanks so much for the good update on Syd. We've been praying, as have folks at our church, and will continue to pray for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs T - Thanks for continuing in prayer and we're thankful for sister-churches who are praying! Glad you mentioned that.

    Wanted to make a quick correction. Syd wasn't in "pain" the whole of the services, not when the pain meds were working. Praise the Lord for medication too!

    ReplyDelete