Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Sydney!

Hello to all of you, our friends. Syd was over at the computer at 5:15 this morning, casting furtive glances at me from the corner of his eye as I let the dogs out then went about preparing his lunch and getting the dogs food.  He ALWAYS remembers our engagement anniversary before I do!! He was (though I have not looked yet) posting it to our social network ( :

I used to work at a tax firm and March 15th is a very important deadline for businesses to have their taxes in. You would think that those years would have been VERY easy for me to remember this date - not really. Syd always wakes up and tells me, first thing - except today, when he told all our "friends" first. Back to this morning: he asked me what time the appointments are, which I'm driving my 'ladies' to today. I responded and he said, "Good, then call me and I'll meet you at "the Colatina" for our anniversary dinner". GOT ME! again.

So, "happy 32nd anniversary, Hunny!"

               This was a pic I asked a coworker to take, last time Syd sent flowers. It was for Happily Married Week.


I hope you all have a good day. It didn't make it down to freezing last night. Feeling pretty bad for the sugar makers out there. Sturm got up on the back of the couch this morning (he thinks he's a cat) to chase a moth at the back window; another moth. I'll admit, I'd like to see it freeze up and be even a little cooler during the days too so the buds don't swell and burst out. The Lord knows best and, "This is the day which the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

Thanks for stopping to say hello.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Hope Syd is feeling more comfortable. Any word on when surgery may be done? We're continuing to pray for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy engagement Anniversary :)!!
    Have a wonderful dinner out :). Praying that all goes well in the morning with the operation!
    Is there really a "Happily Married Week" ( every week should be :)) ?? Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. V,
    That is really sweet. Josh and I always try and beat the other each month with happy _ month anniversary. :) We have only forgotten once in all 183 months together. We still can't believe we totally missed it once. I think that is neat that there is a happily married week. Although each week SHOULD be a happily married week,I am afraid that we do not always show the happy part as much as we should. :) How neat to have a week to especially show our spouse that we appreciate them. :) Praying all goes well with the surgery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete