Saturday, June 2, 2012

Jesus Holds it Together

Chill air and 40 degree temperatures greeted us this morning. Gentle rain is coming down. I am borrowing a computer (not at home) this Saturday morning. Ours is at the computer doctor, still being diagnosed. It is amazing how much we rely on electronics. I had thought that I would still post the photo of Tuesday's burning tree, by simply emailing it to myself at this morning's location, but, alas, I turned to my computer to do so and...hmmm, no computer! We have now learned that our internet dish was hit, as well as my mother's phone box (which is attached to our telephone pole). When Syd went to diagnose her phone problem he found that the box had been hit severely. Pieces of plastic were everywhere and wires disconnected. He now has it temporarily fixed so that she can still have service until the phone company comes.

I just praise God that He is in control of all things. Indeed, Jesus Christ holds all things together, as we read in Colossians 1, "by Him all things consist". I am glad that, though the lightning strikes are a shock to us, nothing shocks our great God. When you lie awake at night isn't it wonderful that we can realize that our God never slumbers or sleeps? We can close our eyes in peace knowing that He is watching over His children at all times.As I read through this chapter of Colossians, I am most thankful for the following verses:
"And, having made peace, through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him I say, whether they be things in earth or things in Heaven. And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath He reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight." (vs.20-22)

Our wonderful Lord Jesus not only holds our bodies, the planets and this universe rotation together (without which everything would simply blow apart!), He is the only One who could take the hand of God and the hand of man and join them together again. That sacrifice of a spotless, perfect lamb Who died once and for all for sin allowed sinful mankind to be reconciled to our Creator again. If you are a person who has trusted the truth of this "gospel" to save from sin, I know that you are rejoicing with me!

The one thing that I have missed the most during these past few days is blogging and reading the posts of fellow bloggers. Lord willing the computer will be up and running at home soon. Take care, all, and thanks for stopping by Darling Hill today!


2 comments:

  1. Hoping that your computer is back soon. Glad you could borrow a computer for your post. I miss your encouraging posts.

    ReplyDelete